Bosch Apps and Security
The Bosch Flow App, Alarms and Tracking
The Bosch Ebike Flow App
The Bosch eBike Flow App provides a comprehensive and connected eBiking experience, offering a range of features to enhance your riding and keep your eBike up to date. It can be used with all Bosch Smart System bikes.
Here are some key features of the eBike Flow App:
- Over-the-Air Updates: You can download new features and updates for components, like the battery or motor, with the Flow app and send them to your bike via Bluetooth.
- Home Screen: Provides continuously updated eBike data, such as battery status, remaining range, and the next service appointment.
- Activity Tracking: Track your ride and fitness data as soon as you start. It can sync all data automatically with Apple Health for iPhone users.
- Individual Riding Modes: Fine-tune the riding modes of the smart system, adjusting support, dynamics, maximum torque, and maximum speed according to your needs.
- Customization: Adapt the ebike to your needs, upgrade it, and keep it up to date by downloading new features and services.
eBike Alarm (with Flow+ Premium Subscription and Bosch connect module)
The alarm and tracking features below are only available on bikes with a fitted Bosch Connect Module and the Flow+ Subscription. At EDEMO we offer the Bosch Connect Module fitted for free as part of our EDEMO Advance Package with all new Riese and Müller bikes.
- Flow+ Subscription: This gives you access to the ebike Alarm premium service, providing additional theft protection.
- eBike Alarm: Acts as an alarm function for your ebike and, used in conjunction with ebike Lock, offers comprehensive additional protection against theft.
- Notifications: If your ebike is moved significantly, you will receive a message on your smartphone, and the tracking function starts, allowing you to track the position of your ebike in the ebike Flow app.
- Smartphone as a Key: Your smartphone becomes a digital key that is recognized via Bluetooth.
- Audible and Visible Feedback: The active status of ebike Lock is signalled by sounds and symbols.
Navigation, Route Planning, and other apps
- Route Planning: Users can import existing routes from Komoot or plan their routes in the eBike Flow app.
- Navigation Options: The option to use your smartphone on the handlebar or your Kiox 300 or Kiox 500 for navigation.
- Integration with Other Apps: Connect the eBike Flow app with Komoot, Strava, and Apple Health.
The Bosch Connect Module
The Bosch ConnectModule is an important component in enhancing the digital connectivity and security features of Bosch eBikes.
The module does not come fitted as standard on Riese and Müller ebikes and must be installed by a specialist dealer. Here at EDEMO Electric Bikes, we offer the Bosch Connect Module for free (including fitting) as part of our EDEMO Advance package.
Once fitted, the concealed module facilitates seamless interaction between the eBike and the eBike Flow app, providing riders with real-time data, navigation, and various smart features.
Specifically, it enables the innovative eBike Alarm system, which automatically activates upon turning off the eBike, providing both acoustic and visual alerts if unauthorized movement is detected. Additionally, it assists in tracking and locating the eBike in case of theft.
Want to know more? Why not get in touch to start building your dream electric bike, download our free buyer’s guide or browse our best selling Riese & Müller bikes.